Parent & Tot PreCanSkate
Is a Learn-to-Skate program developed to allow a family member to assist in their young skater's development.
While social distancing restrictions are in place the Coaches and Program Assistants are unable to physically assist skaters. This program allows the skaters to receive hands-on assistance on the ice from a family member who they know, trust and is in their cohort.
This program is open to beginner skaters age 3 - 6 yrs who cannot stand up or skate unassisted. It will introduce skaters to the basics of skating through action songs, games and circuits in a safe and positive environment.
Eligibility: For children ages 3-6 who have not completed Stage One CanSkate and require a parent on the ice to assist.
Skaters must be 3 years old by Nov 1, 2020.
Adults and skaters will participate in small group lessons led by NCCP Certified professional coaches. Upon mastering the skills in this program, skaters will move into our CanSkate program.
- CSA approved helmets are mandatory for Tots
- Parent/Adult must wear CSA approved helmets - unless given permission by the Group Program Coordinator following and on-ice skating assessment displaying a minimum proficiency at a CanSkate 5 level
- Parent/Adult must wear skates
- Parent/Adult must have basic skating skills (balance on 2 feet, move forward and stop)
- The "Parent" can include any member of the skater's household or member of their cohort, over the age of 14
|Dates||Feb 1 - Mar 27, 2021|
|Monday||5:30pm – 6:00pm||TLC||7 Classes|
|Saturday||10:45am - 11:15am||TLC||
Cost per session:
$94.50 (Skater) +
$44 Skate Canada Fee will be added to all Skater registrations.
Parent's Skate Canada fee will be $1.00 per class.
*Skate Canada Fee added to each registration once per skater per season. Insurance covers from Sept 1 - Aug 31.
**Skate Canada Fee is Non-Refundable
Sign up for 2+ days/week and you will receive 10% off at checkout
(Only applies for same skater)
***No Fundraising Required***
Register early as spots are limited
***Classes are subject to change.